Raspberry Pi 4
Your tiny, dual-display, desktop computer
…and robot brains, smart home hub, media centre, networked AI core, factory controller, and much more
Completely upgraded, re-engineered
Faster, more powerful
You'll recognise the price along with the basic shape and size, so you can simply drop your new Raspberry Pi into your old projects for an upgrade; and as always, we've kept all our software backwards-compatible, so what you create on a Raspberry Pi 4 will work on any older models you own too.
We've listened to your feedback: with Raspberry Pi 4, you can run two monitors at once — and in 4K, too!
Your new desktop computer
The speed and performance of the new Raspberry Pi 4 is a step up from earlier models. For the first time, we've built a complete desktop experience. Whether you're editing documents, browsing the web with a bunch of tabs open, juggling spreadsheets or drafting a presentation, you'll find the experience smooth and very recognisable — but on a smaller, more energy-efficient and much more cost-effective machine.
The fanless, energy-efficient Raspberry Pi runs silently and uses far less power than other computers.
Raspberry Pi 4 comes with Gigabit Ethernet, along with onboard wireless networking and Bluetooth.
Your new Raspberry Pi 4 has upgraded USB capacity: along with two USB 2 ports you'll find two USB 3 ports, which can transfer data up to ten times faster.
Your choice of RAM
We're making different variants of the Raspberry Pi 4 available, depending on how much RAM you need — 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB.
How to set up your Raspberry Pi 4 for the first time
You will need
- A 15W USB-C power supply – we recommend the official Raspberry Pi USB-C Power Supply
- Micro SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed (buy a pre-loaded SD card along with your Raspberry Pi, or install Raspberry Pi OS using Raspberry Pi imager)
- A keyboard and mouse
- Cables to connect to one or two displays via Raspberry Pi 4's micro HDMI ports
Take it further
- Learn how to configure, update, and navigate your Raspberry Pi once it's set up
- Discover a whole range of projects for your Raspberry Pi
- Read more detailed documentation on configuring your Raspberry Pi
- Find out about accessing your Raspberry Pi remotely