Raspberry Pi (Trading) Limited (“Raspberry Pi Trading”, “RPTL”, “we” or “us”) is a subsidiary of the Raspberry Pi Foundation. We develop, market, manufacture and sell highly cost-effective programmable computing devices globally. Raspberry Pi Trading also oversees the retail store, the online press store and the online Product Information Portal.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- Who do we share your data with?
- How do we store your data and how long do we keep it for?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
- Contractor or supplier to RPTL
- Event applicant or attendee
- Job applicant
- Raspberry Pi forum account holder
- Survey participant
- Visitor to our websites
- Visitor to our offices
- Visitor to our retail store
- Personal identification information. (First name, Last name, email address, delivery/billing info, orders and receipts)
- your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our retail outlet
- Payment card information.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- IP Address
How do we collect your data?
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, social media or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Download software
- Purchase a product or service from our retail store
- Sign up to our in-store loyalty program
- Attend one of our in–store workshops
- None at this time.
How will we use your data?
- Process your order and manage your account
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Respond to queries, complaints or refunds. We may keep records of your communications with us so we can demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout
- Email you when you abandon your online shopping cart before checking out
- Provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested
- Analyse data to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Where it is within our legitimate interests to process your information to pursue our objectives of developing, marketing, manufacturing and selling highly cost-effective programmable computing devices globally and to support our customers. We know that under this lawful basis for processing, we have a heightened responsibility to keep your interests central and to make sure that your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information, we may be unable to perform the contract
Who do we share your data with?
As the information we collect about you will be stored on our IT infrastructure, it may also be shared with the data processors who provide us with email, relationship management, anonymous analytics, document management, and storage services. Where these third parties are not in the UK or the European Economic Area, we make sure that it is safe to share your information with them.
How do we store your data and how long do we keep it for?
Raspberry Pi Trading securely stores your data with the utmost care and take all necessary measures to protect it. We also understand that delete means delete. Raspberry Pi Trading will keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, please see below for further information.
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to access – You have the right to request Raspberry Pi Trading for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Raspberry Pi Trading correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Raspberry Pi Trading to complete the information you believe is incomplete
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Raspberry Pi Trading erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Raspberry Pi Trading restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Raspberry Pi Trading’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Raspberry Pi Trading transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
Call us at: 01223 322 633
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understanding where the visitors to our online Raspberry Pi Press store originate from
What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website such as forums.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This lets us improve the way our website works, for example by helping us to ensure that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept all cookies, or all non–essential cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please
do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the UK
Information Commissioner’s Office. You can do so by contacting them on
ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling their helpline at +44 303 123 1113.