Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The final revision of our third-generation single-board computer
1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-band wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE, faster Ethernet, and Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
Launched on π day
To get started you'll need:
- A micro SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed (see Software & OS tab)
- A high-quality 2.5A micro USB power supply, such as the official Raspberry Pi Universal Power Supply
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide.
Read basic and advanced guides to configuring your Raspberry Pi.
Read about accessing your Raspberry Pi remotely.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the final revision in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI®
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
All product change notices (PCNs) for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ can be found here.
Software & OS
Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi Imager is the quick and easy way to install Raspberry Pi OS and other operating systems to a microSD card, ready to use with your Raspberry Pi.
Find help with installing Raspberry Pi OS on your Pi in our online Getting started guide.
You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspberry Pi OS, find more detail about Raspberry Pi OS, or read information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification. This allows the board to be designed into end product with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ will remain in production until at least January 2028