Use this HAT to add PoE+ capability to your Raspberry Pi's Ethernet port. Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 and Raspberry Pi 3B+. Power-sourcing equipment is required.
- Standard: IEEE 802.3at-2009 PoE
- Input voltage: 37-57 V DC, Class 4 device
- Output power: 5 V DC/4 A
- Cooling: 25 mm × 25 mm brushless fan delivering 2.2 CFM for processor cooling
- Features: fully isolated switched-mode power supply; fan control
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to +50 °C
Connecting your PoE+ HAT to your Raspberry Pi
- Before installing the PoE+ HAT, you must attach the supplied spacers in the four corners of the board
- Then connect the Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT to the two 0.1" headers (40 + 4) that are fitted on your Raspberry Pi
- Once the PoE+ HAT board is connected, you can power your Raspberry Pi through its RJ45 network connector
Disconnecting your PoE+ HAT
- Take care when separating the HAT from your Raspberry Pi
- Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other
Do not handle the PoE+ HAT while it is powered, to avoid risk of injury from exposure to potential high voltages. Avoid handling the Raspberry Pi while it is connected to a power outlet; only handle by the edges to minimise the risk of electrostatic discharge damage.
No modification to the main Raspberry Pi board is needed for this product to work. Please ensure that your Raspberry Pi’s software is up to date for all functionality to be available. The PoE+ HAT is fitted with a small fan that is controlled by your Raspberry Pi via I2C. The fan will turn on and off automatically depending on the temperature of the main processor on your Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT has undergone extensive compliance testing and meets a number of regional and international standards.
View and download relevant certificates and conformity documents.
If you require any further information regarding compliance, please contact us at email@example.com.
PoE+ HAT will remain in production until at least January 2027