Raspberry Pi 4 Tech Specs
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 1GB, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
* A good quality 2.5A power supply can be used if downstream USB peripherals consume less than 500mA in total.
Software & OS
Raspberry Pi OS (previously called Raspbian) is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi Imager is the quick and easy way to install Raspberry Pi OS and other operating systems to a microSD card, ready to use with your Raspberry Pi.
Find help with installing Raspberry Pi OS on your Raspberry Pi in our online Getting started guide.
You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspberry Pi OS, find more detail about Raspberry Pi OS, or read information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
The Raspberry Pi 4 has undergone extensive compliance testing and meets a number of regional and international standards.
View and download relevant certificates and conformity documents.
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
If you require any further information regarding compliance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B will remain in production until at least January 2026