Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+
Raspberry Pi Model B+ is the final revision of the original Raspberry Pi. It replaced the Model B in July 2014 and was superseded by Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
What is a Raspberry Pi?
Compared to the Model B it has:
- More GPIO pins. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- More USB ports. It comes with 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- 100 Base Ethernet (same as the original Model B)
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
Software & OS
Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi Imager is the quick and easy way to install Raspberry Pi OS and other operating systems to a microSD card, ready to use with your Raspberry Pi.
click here for basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspberry Pi OS
click here for more detail on Raspberry Pi OS
click here for explanation of some fundamental Linux usage, and commands for getting around the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ will remain in production until at least January 2026